DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

House sitter - how much pay?

Posted by Rachel Koch - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

I have found a house-sitter, but neither of us knows what a fair rate would be for his services. The job would involve taking care of my dogs, cats and horses, but no housekeeping.

Does anyone have any experience with house-sitters, and what they normally earn?

Thanks in advance....

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Smilesuccess - 15 years ago

Dear Sirs, Madam, we have found your details by net and we would be very grateful if u can support my friend to find k ennel job as soon as possible:) Kind regards, ChristineHello there:) we are an international agency and would be happy to find a nice partner for cooperation

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaaw70 - 15 years ago

I have had a house-sitter several times for some dogs. However, the relationship was generally good for both parties. We needed someone to stay with the dogs (prefering somewhere other than a kennel) and they needed somewhere to live and food.We did a calculation based on what the cost would be to put the dogs in a kennel. Pay was about 75% the kennel rate for the 2 dogs. However, we left some extra cash for food. I would have probably paid more for the ease of leaving the dogs at home and having someone in the house. However, our house-sitter had other jobs. We decided the pay should include food and enough money to make it worth the fact that the sitter could not run off for the weekendHowever, in your situation with horses, I think the pay should be higher than just taking care of dogs and cats.But, I imagine the boarding costs for horses would be fairly significant.There is a certain value to having a roof, heat, water and food that has to be put in your calculation.