DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ikea, anyone?

Posted by szozu - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane1 - 15 years ago

Hello all I know this is an old post, but here's my twopennuth, for what its worth. We were going to hire and drive to Ikea at Toulon from Villefranche, however we found an excellent and equally reasonably priced alternative in FLY. We used the Monaco store, and paid a little extra to have  our purchases delivered and assembled. Young man called Emmanuel was very helpful, he speaks English too, all was arranged and paid for no problems and the delivery and assembly was a godsend. Apparently a catalogue can be ordered from their website, an order can be placed with the store, say from here in the UK with only a 20% deposit,and delivery can be arranged(or pickup) to suit your convenience. It solved the problem of furnishing for us and we will be going back when we are next in France. I believe there are two stores in Nice, but store location can be found in their website. Hope this is helpful to anyone else with the task of furnishing.lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by Padraig-182783 - 15 years ago

Tango,Quick response!!! Tradeline are indeed new and situated in North Nice. Directions are on the website www.tradelinefrance.com So new there is no sign over the door! Just a warehouse full of discounted new furniture. Great quality stuff. You see something you like you pay for it. Very simple. And they delivered the same day.You'll save yourself a fortune.Regards,Padraig

Sorry no image available
Posted by tangotown - 15 years ago

Hi Padraig, have you been down to this place. Where in Nice is it located. This is the first I have heard of this company. Are they new to Nice??? Is TradeLine open on the weekends. I am also having a hard time finding there website.Cheers TaNGO

Sorry no image available

All,I can attest to the quality of the furniture. Well worth checking out. If you have been to IKEA et al you will understand what the store charge here is criminal. No tricks with these guys. All product is imported from the US and Canada.Give Xavier a call on 06.03.42.59.86. He speaks both French and English.Regards,Padraig

Sorry no image available

All,I can attest to the quality of the furniture. Well worth checking out. If you have been to IKEA et al you will understand what the store charge here is criminal. No tricks with these guys. All product is imported from the US and Canada.Give Xavier a call on 06.03.42.59.86. He speaks both French and English.Regards,Padraig

Sorry no image available
Posted by mvjv - 15 years ago

If its regarding furniture, I went to a store in Nice that has similar products at unbelievable prices.Their advert is in the "shopping" or www.tradelinefrance.com they dont have food though.Hope this helpsmvjv

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 15 years ago

Certain items, mainly sofas are delivered free.Jan

Sorry no image available
Posted by florence-183408 - 15 years ago

It takes 1h30-2h00. Ikea delivers to Nice. Delivery prices are available on ikea's french website. Basically, the more you spend the more expensive it gets. It's cheaper to rent a van and to get ther.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jill sublet-183281 - 15 years ago

How long does it take to get to IKEA in Toulon and do they deliver your goods to the Nice area?jils

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 15 years ago

Sorry, I made a mistake I meant to write lingonberry. on the jar the english translation is swedish wild lingonberries, the french is Baie D'Airelles which in the dictionary is (myrtille) bilberry, whortleberry,blueberry a type of red cranberry, so maybe some kind swedish person can help us and tell us what it is that we have eaten.Printemps department store is in the Grand Var complex, which is well worth a visit.Jan