DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ikea Toulon

Posted by eileen18 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 16)

Sorry no image available
Posted by nodel-185297 - 15 years ago

No, it's not worth the treck!!

Go to Villeneuve Loubet Zone Industrielle or whatever the name. That's on the Nationale 7. You got Fly, But and all the other ones.

Sorry no image available

No, it's not worth the treck!!

Go to Villeneuve Loubet Zone Industrielle or whatever the name. That's on the Nationale 7. You got Fly, Conforama and all the other ones.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eileen18 - 15 years ago

Thanks!! I don't know if Ikea is worth the treck because I'm only looking for smallish household items (cutlery, towels, bedlinen, microwave...) not big furniture.

Is there a website for the Fly shop? And do you think hypermarches like Geant...would be good for cheap household items?

Sorry no image available

I heard a few times that they were planning to build one in Villeneuve Loubet or Cagner sur Mer but I think the local (furniture) shops were complaining about that...

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 15 years ago

Fly is OK - there's a big store up near St. Augustin train station in Nice, but I think IKEA is better. If you know what you want you can order furniture online now, but they always have different stuff in the shop and you can't order small things - towels etc online. I thought I heard they were opening one outside Nice soon? Anyone else here that?

Ro

Sorry no image available
Posted by reinrev5 - 15 years ago

Eileen18,

No need to take a TGV the ordinary TER will get you to Toulon too.

Train from Ventimiglia / Nice / Cannes.....  to Toulon.

From the Railway Station in Toulon take bus No. 192 to the  "Universite Nord" bus stop, this takes about 20minutes. From this bus stop walk 900 metres through the commercial shopping center (Centre Commercial Grand Var) to IKEA.

Below is the Toulon city transport site with the bus timetables:-
   http://www.reseaumistral.com/

Reinrev