DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ikea (Toulon)trip this weekend

Posted by joy-182973 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by joy-182973 - 15 years ago

Chris

Thanks for the info that sounds a bit more sensible than trying to load everything on Puncs car!!

Joy

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChrisCole-183088 - 15 years ago

Joy, when we kitted out our apartment from the Ikea store in Toulon we hired a van from them as it was cheaper than renting through an official van hire place.  You need your driving license and proof of ownership of your property to rent from them.  The booking desk is just inside the exit of the store and they are very helpful.  The rental charges are by the hour and you have to pay extra for km's above 100 (I think) - you could probably call the store to reserve a van and get further details.

I don't have the store number, but the main Customer Services number for France is 0033 1 69 11 31 43 and they are very helpful and have English speaking agents.

The van we rented was a 'box van' and quite easily took a double bed, matress, sofa-bed and a whole load of flat-pack cupboards and wardrobes.  They also gave us 20 minutes free time in order to load it up at the store.

Cheers

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by Runaway-182887 - 15 years ago

The roof rack might be big enough but I doubt the car will take the strain - watch out for low flying cliffs eh Punc?

Sorry no image available
Posted by joy-182973 - 15 years ago

Thanks punc

If you haven't shot yourself I'd be very grateful, do you think that your roof rack could manage a 2 seater and a 3 seater sofa?

Sorry no image available
Posted by punc - 15 years ago

I'm going on Saturday, need to get a broken bracket exchanged - I've got a roofrack if that's any good. What do you need, and where do you need it?