DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

kitchen installation

Posted by helen i wilson - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

We will  be moving to Antibes in July and wondered if anyone could recommend a company who  will design and install a kitchen.

Thanks

Helen

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by helen i wilson - 14 years ago

Thank you very much for getting back to me. Do you have an email address for the kitchen company? Also as my French at this stage is very poor do the staff have a good understanding of English?!

Kind regards

Helen

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

It's been two years since they installed my kitchen and I found the prices comparable to what I found in France in middle-of-the-road market, however the quality was superior.

One of the reasons I bought from them is because they were able to provide cupboards that were much taller than what is generally available in France and I needed the extra storage space, plus I really liked the aesthetics.

From my notes, I think it cost me 8,300 EUR including all appliances for a long L-shaped kitchen with a granite countertop.

If you're interested, call Mr. Rosso for a quote:

Tel and Fax 00 39 0171 98 769 or portable 00 39 335 60 53 101.

He speaks French, though I had a bit of a problem understanding him through his Italian accent. My French husband didn't have a problem though.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martini-194654 - 14 years ago

I've just visited the gattocucine site. The kitchens are beautiful but I can't find any price list. How do they compare to the obvious companies on the cda?

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

I went to all the so-called kitchen installers including Hy......,V..... etc and none of them could come up with anything suitable , so I purchased what was needed with consultation from a local carpenter who installed the whole thing - it's brilliant and cost half the price - even the tenant is delighted !

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonwynne - 14 years ago

We have a Hy-gena cusuine [from Hy-... in Antibes] additional lighting spots etc from the infamous L merlin on the Rdd...rest from the usual outlets.

The costs of kitchens vary depending on your budget, I installed our Kitchen saving install cost but outlayed on tools for other projects...

let me know how u get on

Simonice

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

I ended up getting an Italian kitchen after visiting all the major companies on the CDA and not finding anything I really liked. From a quick look at their site I notice that some of their models have changed from what was available two years ago. www.gattocucine.com I had discovered them at an exposition in Nice where their display seemed to attract much more of a crowd than the others.

The retailer and installer for the CDA is Sergio Rosso Arredamenti based in Cuneo, Italy. He visits France at least once a week.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by Eoin M - 14 years ago

We can recommend l'Atelier de St Paul in Chemin St Bernard, Vallauris whom we have used in several projects.  They give a full service over a whole range of prices and quality.

Eoin M