DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Leaky bath tap

Posted by LouiseStrachan - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LouiseStrachan - 6 years ago

Thank you, I'll send a link to a picture. There IS a temperature indicator, but there's no screw underneath it, and there's no manufacturer's mark.

Louisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by B_Morter - 6 years ago

look for a small hexagonal screw, maybe on the backside of the tap head. Another common place is under the temperature indicator.

I partly agree with what GAnthony has said but obviously depends on the quality of the tap you already have installed, the ceramic disks are usually a standard size and it is usually just the disks that need changing.

Maybe if you send me or post a link to several different pictures of the tap then i might be able to tell you how.

Regards,

Ben Morter

Sorry no image available
Posted by GAnthony - 6 years ago

Louise, it just might be better to order a new, or even upgraded mixer tap. If the ceramic cartridge in indeed leaking, the housing around this cartridge may be worn out as well. That is of course if you can even buy the correct replacement piece. Changing a mixer tap is easy (I have done two so far), so any handyman could do the job in about 15-20 minutes. Alternately, if you really want to keep the tap, try Googling the brand to get to the manufacturers web-site. There may be some assembly diagrams to help understand how this thing is screwed together. In our case, I upgraded the mixers to much more modern-looking ones and have had no trouble since. Good luck