DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lemongrass

Posted by Nikki-180635 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cetrange-643750 - 3 years ago

haha, no! It came up on top under the discussions section. maybe there isn't enough happening so that angloinfo recycles old posts? Still the same problem: people looking for lemongrass ;-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheffie - 3 years ago

Do you realise the thread you are replying to is 12 years old? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by cetrange-643750 - 3 years ago

I saw some at the local E.Leclerc supermarket the other day, in a pack of 4 or 5. It's a standard product at supermarkets, especially the big ones.

Happy cooking, sounds delicious!

Sorry no image available
Posted by dlmarlow - 15 years ago

Nikki just saw this exchange So you are in the VAR and cooking with Lemon Grass? ..I too am in the VAR, near the village of Le Beausset and sometimes cook with lemongrass too....AND you even speak English perhaps we have the minimilist expat-type underpinings of a Hello coffee? My mom was born in Korea, raised in Japan by German expats that perviously lived in Omsk Russia for five generations...She married an Irish-Texan when living in Bavaria and cooking was the way she showed love...and such GREAT international food too!Deborah Lee Marlow04.94.32.87.2106.22.08.51.21Marlow@tiscali.fr

Sorry no image available
Posted by nodel-185297 - 15 years ago

I'm not a great cooker but it looks like we do have "citronnelle en poudre" in France so that's what you should look for. (I've checked on French Cuisine websites)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nikki-180635 - 15 years ago

Further research has told me that in fact the word 'citronelle' is used in French to describe almost anything that smells of lemon.  Apparently to be more precise lemongrass would translate as 'batons de citronelle' - don't really want to end up with mosquito repellent in my wok!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nodel-185297 - 15 years ago

Take care, "citronnelle" is also a repellent for mosquitoes and this is the most common sense we use here...

Sorry no image available

Am indeed in the Var and very grateful for all your help. 

No new challenges yet, but I'm working on it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by danonimes-184717 - 15 years ago

Nikki, You could try the market or some of the places on this page.

Assuming, of course, that you are in Toulon in the Var and not Toulon, Illinois.

keep the challenges coming ;-)

Sorry no image available

What service Doug!  I am unfortunately not in Nice, but will definately look these shops up next time I am.....  You don't happen to know where I could find it in Toulon by any chance.....!?