DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking for beds

Posted by Leighton Hughes - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I'm completing on an apartment in Nice next Friday (2nd Jan) and my first objective is to buy some beds. I'm arriving on Tuesday. Has anyone any ideas where should look? Is there anywhere that delivers that quickly?

Thanks.

Leighton

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kfulwell - 14 years ago

Yeah, we used Fly. The second branch is on Place Blanqui, opposite Gare Riquier (luckily about 2 mins walk from our apartment!) The delivery was fairly expensive, however if you get a Fly fidelity card it gets you much cheaper delivery. Also, I was most gratified to receive a fidelity cheque for 63 Euros this week, which I wasn't expecting - having not read the blurb about the card! Good quality stuff, but don't go for the cheapest mattress like we did - it's rock hard!KateKate

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

I once bought a mattress from But and got them to deliver the same day. There are some nice-looking beds in the La Redoute catalogue, so check out their website. If you order now, you might be able to coordinate a delivery to coincide with your arrival. If you shop at Conforama you can hire a van from them and haul your goods off the same day. In a pinch you can do the old sleeping-on-a mattress-on-the-floor bit and shop for a bed at your leisure.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

Hi there try Fly meubles, there are two shops in Nice, one in the Rue Cassini can't remember where the other is. Try their website to sus out the beds from there www. flymeubles.fr or something like that. We bought a very good bed from their shop in Monaco as well as all our other furnishings, they are something on a par with Ikea without the hike to Toulon or Marseilles. They do deliver but their deliveries are not cheap also mattresses are separate, good hunting Lynnette