DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lost glasses/House insurance

Posted by musky-211885 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by musky-211885 - 6 years ago

Got the AXA scolaire insurance and have read the policy says lost glasses covered up to €200. Just doesnt state if that is outside of school hours. ie on a weekend. Will see tommorrow when I call.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 6 years ago

Did you take out MAE school insurance (or similar ?) there may be cover on there ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by musky-211885 - 6 years ago

Thankyou both for your replies, cant see anything specific in household ins, but have come across the scolaire insurance that specifies lost glasses but probably has a weasel out clause of only if lost at school, will ctc agent tommorrow. Have just spent last hour with metal detector scouring the area... no joy. You gotta love kids, without them we wouldnt have grey hair!

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 6 years ago

if your sons friend had broken your sons glasses his responsibilité civile insurance would have covered them, as your responsibilité civile insurance would have protected you if your son had broken his friends glasses but I dont think one is generally insured against losing things
The responsibilité civile is usually part of your house insurance or l'assurance scolaire I think

Sorry no image available
Posted by GAnthony - 6 years ago

Musky, you will just have to read the insurance contract and see what is covered. Nothing one can do until Monday anyway. I would not think that personal items would be covered unless they were declared in writing. You may be lucky, but if there is nothing about it in the contract, I am afraid you will just have to talk to them for a decision. Be sure that you have the original invoice with you just in case. Good luck.