DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Non-bio washing powder?

Posted by alx-189416 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bernie-192388 - 14 years ago

Hi, I found a detergent called Maison Verte which has no phosphates in it or something, but that's the closest I've come to seeing non-bio. I do know that you can get Ecover products in your local hippy (BIO) shop. That could do the trick.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

There is unscented liquid detergent at Schlecker--their own brand--AS Sensitiv.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by scones62-189415 - 14 years ago

try "Le chat" paillettes(savpn de Marseille) or "Le chat"Machine-both very good,even for people with very sensitive skin,excema etc-used it for years now & wouldn't change!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maizewell - 14 years ago

There's a possible problem there too then. If the powder smells nice it's pretty good odds it has perfume in it, and many of us with eczema can't tolerate perfumes either... Looks like I'm going to have to go on dragging boxes of washing powder back from the UK for the time being...

Sorry no image available
Posted by interested-192966 - 14 years ago

i have asked the same question, the only one we have found that doesnt list enzymes as an ingredient is Persavon Bébé with Savon de Marseille - even Le Chat Sensitive clearly lists enzymes amongst the ingredients.

Bébé smells nice too! - interested

Sorry no image available
Posted by alx-189416 - 14 years ago

Biological powder contains enzymes which break down stains.

In uk we use non-bio for things like delicate fabrics, or sensitive skins - people with eczema, babies etc...

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 14 years ago

When I was living in the UK, I always wondered what the difference was between bio and non bio washing powder, (I don't think we have such a thing here) Can someone explain?

Thanks

Nadia

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

Have you checked in your local "bio" shop? They do carry a range of cleaning products.