DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Orange as an internet telephone provider

Posted by architect-193707 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 5 years ago

I also have the Orange Open deal for TV, landline, internet and mobile. I'm really happy with it and the couple of times I've dealt with customer service they were incredibly helpful and efficient!

Sorry no image available
Posted by mctd-192324 - 5 years ago

I have been waiting for internet provider servers to settle with regard to quality/reliability of service where I live, and I'd like to know if any of you in Beaulieu-sur-mer and environs have experienced bad internet service from Orange, free, etc. with internet (fibre or ADSL, TV, phone).  Is there a provider you would wildly recommend over another?  I have had FT landline for years in two locations, wanadoo/Orange internet--- minimum monthly service bill about 55€.  No TV.   (Cell numbers apart.)

Many thanks for offering to describe your experience.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Depanordique - 6 years ago

architect: I just tested a few different addresses in St. Jeannet, and there's certainly no need to keep the FT line. Don't know why you were told otherwise. So no problem in switching to another provider.

As for the quality of the customer service: That depends a lot more on who you get on the line than who they work for. Sometimes I wonder how they even manage to keep breathing and at times they're super competent and efficient. Of course it helps a lot if you know your stuff and how to handle the less-competent ones (even getting something as simple as connection credentials or a dial-up phone number can be amazingly complicated if you get the wrong person).

Sorry no image available
Posted by 785biot@gmail.com - 6 years ago

Free is a good provider. Get TV, free phonecalls to 110 contrys god ADSL internet for 30€ and a mobile with free phonecals to 80 contrys landline and free calls to france mobile 3G data trans for free to( there is a limit but it is huge) for 16$. 46€ for all

Sorry no image available
Posted by macfrance - 6 years ago

It's okay if you never have any problem, I've been with Orange for years, mobiles, internet, landline. I suppose I thought the prices were fine & it's so much hassle to set things up in France that I don't have the energy to change, but I have found their customer service to be worse than awful anytime I've needed them. Stay away from Orange if you can get anyone to recommend anything better.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 6 years ago

so we need to keep telecom line Im advised regardless of internet serverI do not understand the above statement.
Send me your current telephone number by e-mail and I will scan your line and advise of most likely chances for a decent degroupage operator.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cupplet - 6 years ago

Well, we've had Orange (broadband) internet installed for 5 years and we've never had a problem. Recently, I consolidated my Orange internet, SFR mobile phone and Orange home calling plan to an Orange package they offer called Open 1 which, if it still available, provides a 400 euro mobile phone for 1 euro, your home phone line plus a very good call package, Internet TV, broadband internet and the Livebox, all for about 60 euros a month compared to over 100 euros a month before I consolidated.
Have a look at it if it is still available although if you're a heavy mobile phone user you may need Open 2 or whatever it is called.
Remember to get a good internet line speed if you order.
It appears the package is still available:
http://open.orange.fr/forfaits/open-1.aspx?rdt=o

Sorry no image available
Posted by rodwsmith - 6 years ago

Just don't would be my suggestion. Find any solution other than Orange if you can.
We have just had an Orange VOIP telephony system installed with the promise of everything we could dream of at a price we couldn't believe - and it plain and simply is not fit for purpose. Not only does it not do any of the things promised, but it just doesn't work. Orange, by virtue of actually being France Telecom and therefore having a monopoly on phone numbers, afford a level of service that would have been complained about in the Dark Ages, and we are going elsewhere in consequence.
It works at home via a livebox (although far from perfectly on occasion), but for professional use, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Seriously.