DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Oven from the UK

Posted by CarolineNoble - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarolineNoble - 5 years ago

That is great and so helpful, thank you, I really appreciate it.

Are you local to the Cote d'Azur? It is just that it would be great to have the name of an electrician that is recommended and I don't know anyone. We are based in Fayence.

Once again thank you and also it is good to know that I wasn't being mad not being able to find the double ovens over here. I just can't believe the difference in price either.

Caroline

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 5 years ago

Like you I really wanted a double oven. What I finally bought was a very large oven made by samsung.  It is a series BT6FQ oven that you can splt in two by inserting a dividing tray. That means that you have two seperate oven spaces, which you can set at two different oven temperatures. It has wored brilliantly for me. I bought it online via darty and though I can't remember the price it was no where near as expensive as a French double oven, which were way above my price league. Hope that helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by teen-14236 - 5 years ago

I had precisely the same problem...600mm double ovens impossible to find, not just in France but throughout Europe!

I finally bought in the UK this year and had it shipped by"Anyvan". This all worked really well. My previous (elderly even then)cooker had been wired in 10 years ago by our French local electrician, and it was simple for my husband to change over.

Of course guarantees are null and void if you buy in the UK, but I love my new toy and am just keeping fingers crossed that there will be no major problems!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 5 years ago

Well, a "Chapon" or a leg of lamb fitted in, no problem.  I must say I didn't try any bigger pieces of meat to roast, but we are very satisfied with the Leisure.

All the best,

N.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarolineNoble - 5 years ago

Thank you very much for this info. I have also looked at the Piano de Cuisson option but it seems that the actual ovens are smaller in volume. Have you still been able to fit a good sized roast etc in them?

Caroline

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 5 years ago

Hi there, perhaps it's a waste of time, but I just wanted to inform you of what we bought a year ago at BOULANGER, Mandelieu-La-Napoule.  It's a Leisure - English make - works very well, the price, we thought, was OK compared to some other models - SMEG, SIEMENS, etc - and we since have enjoyed cooking with it very well.  And of course it was installed by the people of Boulanger and didn't require anything else.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

N.

http://www.boulanger.fr/grde_cuisine_leisure_cm10frkp_noir/p_16830_350839.htm