DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Picture framing

Posted by Jan-181414 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 14 years ago

OK Trudie, I know your angry. You told me all about it. I think I would be too. Maybe you should take it to the Great Debate forum and see what the others think.Jan

Anything for a peaceful life

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

I said don't get me going !  22% and all that ....... 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Trudie-183812 - 14 years ago

MikeP - I think you should start on that (social security) - I am so angry!

Trudie

Trudie

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Hi Jan

I was also impressed with that shop which is why I was happy to recommend him.  I have subsequently found out that his prices are good too.

You are not the only one to walk out of Castorama.  They don't just 'not care', they are pleased, it saves them the hassle of doing any work.  They can't lose their jobs, and if they do,  it's social security for two years ......

Anyway, let me not start on that.  I'm glad to have been of help. 

Cheers - MIKE

Sorry no image available
Posted by danonimes-184717 - 14 years ago

Thanks JanEnjoy your mince piesTwo years???? Where does the time go?It was really good of them to give me a room with a sea view.

Sorry no image available

I went to Castorama last night, would you believe they are refurbishing the art and decoration section, the framing is now in building No2 with the bathrooms. I waited at the desk for assistants, and waited and waited, I asked two members of staff if anyone was available to help and after 20 minutes of waiting walked out. Not that they cared, but it made me feel better.

I then went to Mouans Sartoux. The place reccomended by MikeP. What a difference. A charming gentlemen, who really knew his stuff, he was so helpful. Took one look at the paintings, and from a great choice of frames, showed me the one that he thought would look right. And it was perfect. And for made to measure it is not costing much more than buying ready made frames.

So thanks a bunch MikeP, your a star.

Jan

Sorry no image available

Dano

Briconautes used to do them..that was my first choice, but they stopped about 2 years ago.

It's great to see you back

Happy christmas...

Jan

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

Castorama is best described as a DIY centre outside of city limits.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by danonimes-184717 - 14 years ago

Jan, les Briconautes, plan de Grasse do made to measure framing.Anyone know what Jeremy Beadle's doing these days?I've lost his address, and he hasn't phoned for ages.

Sorry no image available
Posted by manymee - 14 years ago

As a picture framer who would like to make the move to the south of France, this topic is of vital interest to me . Are picture framers hard to find in the Nice Grasse Frejus triangle? What is Castorama? A department store?from the shores of gitchee goomee