DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

rain water basin advice plse

Posted by Louise and Dave - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Louise and Dave - 6 years ago

thanks certainly an idea, will check it out next time i'm in valbonne

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 6 years ago

Sorry, should have continued.

These are rather high, you could easily, gradually cut it down with a diamond disk angle grinder, say 1 metre high. With this option, it would be easier to create the center water fall.

Have fun...

Sorry no image available

It will become stagnant without adding oxygen to it.

Your choices would be with a pump and fountain, or pump and airstone. You could also build up a small, rock waterfall to one side or in the middle. Ever go to Valbonne village? There is a small fish pond in the park for an example.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Louise and Dave - 6 years ago

It is above ground and seems to be just filled from rain water, ie there are no gutters etc that run into it. I had thought about draining it and then putting plants and fish into it but would I need a pump to keep the water clear or would the plants do that job. There is a tap at the bottom of it so should be ok to drain.

Sorry no image available

Would clean it, as the mosquitoes will come. If any water remains, just pour a little bleach in it.

I have seen a few people create swimming pools with them. Fish pond? Rain-water recuperation tank? That would be hard if it is above ground as the pipes would also have to be above water level unless you pump in from another reservoir.

How does the water enter? Normally it was from run-off from the roofs of greenhouses?

Put your rubber boots on and clean it, if you do not want it to fill, either remove it or put a roof on it (cover). Could make a garden shed out of it.