DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rubbish dumps near Antibes?

Posted by SirLurkalot - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know of any public rubbish dumps near Antibes?

We have a fair amount of largish trash to get rid of, building refuse and old cupboards.  It'll fit in the car, but we need to know where to drive it.  Do they have public rubbish dumps where you can drive your rubbish and unload it for free around here?  If so, where near Antibes?

Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by talldutch - 15 years ago

Hi there,

This works well in Antibes, I have used it several times, just call the Mairie in Antibes, and they will collect any large items. But please give them adequate notice. They will tell you at what time to put your stuff on the street.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

Cumbersome rubbish in Nice can be collected once a week by a special truck if organised with the Mairie's specific service , in place to prevent it being dumped 'a la sauvage' !

I would imagine Antibes Mairie provides a similar service ?

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by clairespirit - 15 years ago

There is a rubbish dump not far from Carrefour in Antibes. At the roundabout to Carrefour (next to the petrol station) you continue straight on and go under a bridge. You will come to another roundabout, I can't remember which exit it is but there is a sign for Decheterie. You continue a little and then it is on your left.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Runaway-182887 - 15 years ago

Yeah, they're usually calle 'lay bys'

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

Agree,  I ended up having to pay to get stuff taken away, which seriously pissed me off,  as in UK you can dump it in any dump,  regardelss of where you live, no questions asked.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SirLurkalot - 15 years ago

MikeP,

The trouble with having a responsible attitude is that there simply don't seem to be any places to dump the stuff responsibly, if the replies on this topic are any guide! 

Perhaps one of the reasons stuff is illegally dumped is that there are few places to do so legally......

David F,

Can you give any more specific directions?  And how limited is the area for which residency has to be proved?  Would it include Antibes?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Absalonfonseca - 15 years ago

I have the same problem (Antibes area as well) , but in my case they don't fit in the car, any suggestions?

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

I'm glad to see you have such a responsible attitude. Most people seem to dump their discarded goods by the roadside or in the national park.

Sorry no image available
Posted by David_F-180946 - 15 years ago

There's a Decheterie at 3 Moulins, but you may need proof of residency (e.g. EDF bill)