DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sim Cards and Mobile Phones

Posted by Padraig-182783 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

There is a risk involved - if you do not know what you are doing you will end up with an unusable 'phone.  This job is best left to the professionals.

Sorry no image available
Posted by The Master of Disguise - 15 years ago

You can also get code generators so you dont have to use a data cable .Only problem is I think its just available for nokias

Sorry no image available

You need a data cable and a  PC plus software you can download for free.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 15 years ago

There are loads of shops everywhere that advertise "deblockage." Just keep an eye out when you walk down the street! And I think I've also seen ads in "Bonjour" and "06."

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by Padraig-182783 - 15 years ago

Thanks guys for that. Apparently this phone is Network locked because my Irish sim card (prepaid) for the same network works no problem. I will ask the sender to check it out with Eircom.

Failing that.......Anyone know how to unlock it without having to go to Le Cannet and spend 30 euros? It's an old phone so it's not really worth that hassle. I just don't have the shekkels at the moment to invest in a new one.

Thanks,

Padraig

Sorry no image available

Bill phones arent usually locked

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 15 years ago

Hi again Padraig,

The phone is probably "network locked" to Eircom and therefore is refusing the non-Eircom sim.

If the contract phone owner contacts Eircom they may be able to get the unlock code for the phone (this would unlock it to all networks).

Other than this - there's a guy in Le Cannet who unlocks phones for a living - they usually charge about 30 Euros.

Good luck!

/Irishman