DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Strimmers (and leafblowers)

Posted by Methuselah-217505 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by charchoc123 - 6 years ago

It is often the case that it is someone trying to earn a living who is strimming/leaf blowing and burning, am quite sure their employers won't pay them extra to do it the old fashioned way. Not always granted, but often. As has been said, every place be it town or country has it's price... But maybe that thought might help your tolerance levels :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Herman-HG - 6 years ago

It deppends with the gardener there are some who use it properly by blowing the leaves together in one area and collecting them! It is more effecient than a broom,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Methuselah-217505 - 6 years ago

Thank you Floridian that's a useful link although it gives very little in terms of the specific question I asked about times, but I was able to find this :

Réglementation locale
Des arrêtés municipaux et préfectoraux peuvent compléter les règles nationales et fixer les horaires pour les activités de bricolage et de jardinage. Pour les connaître, renseignez-vous auprès de la mairie ou de la préfecture. En général, ces activités peuvent être autorisées : les jours ouvrables de 8h30 à 19h, les samedis de 9h à 12h et de 15h à 19h, les dimanches et jours fériés de 10h à 12h. On peut aussi se référer au règlement de copropriété qui fixe contractuellement des obligations aux copropriétaires.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 6 years ago

Chateauneuf allows you to work in the mornings on Sunday/Holidays.

Call you police department for more info.

A good PDF - http://www.bruit.fr/guides/guide_maire_bruits_voisinage.pdf

Sorry no image available
Posted by mds-191623 - 6 years ago

The regulations for Valbonne state no noise/ fires on Sundays, I would imagine that is pretty much the same everywhere.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 6 years ago

I think Floridian meant your local mairie,
which will exist somewhere in a village nearby if you are out in the wilderness
anyhow, these noises are part of the payback for living in the greener areas of the region, a viper in every Eden

Sorry no image available
Posted by Methuselah-217505 - 6 years ago

I'm not in a city - if I were we wouldn't have the same nuisance. I must say though, I'd rather put up with strimming than the stench and noise and crowds of a city.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 6 years ago

Call your city hall as it is different in every city.