DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Swimming pool

Posted by JROCK06 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by soundsalike - 5 years ago

Be very careful if you are in an area of movement...( zone à risque) I have had experience with such disasters over the years... you would be well advised to have a test bore done to see what is below. One such case the engineers recommended 12 bore piles to 15 M deep which finished up actually some down to 33M and 17 piles. If you require such advise before, rather than after a disaster I suggest Heaven Climber Nice are your best bet.

Sorry no image available
Posted by 13BB - 5 years ago

PM your email address I can send you a drawing.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JROCK06 - 5 years ago

Very useful information! How does this outer wall wedge work? Does it make for a much wider pool wall i.e more cement?

Sorry no image available

The problem with the soil in the region are air pockets and cavities that can give way over time due to rain falls. Piling breeze blocs can be catastrophic over time to be even more accurate you can make the outer wall wedge shaped for for more "skin friction" same principal used on skyscrapers in the desert.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 5 years ago

And here is one with breeze blocks.
I must say that I like 13BB's suggestion WAY better.

Sorry no image available

the vertical walls need to make one with the foundations. Ideally don't use breeze blocks but a "coffrage" that you will build in several stages uniting the vertical rods with the horizontal. Get a local cement company to deliver the concrete in several stages ensuring you with quality concrete with the wanted quantities.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hye0KgMb63Q&feature=related