DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Veolia plumbing insurance

Posted by job-212223 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 6 years ago

Thanks for all your replies. I am an existing customer and have never been sent any offers through the post. We have a fosse septique and maybe they don't like to get involved with that!!

I'll call them monday anyway to see what they can propose.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 6 years ago

Floridian, thanks for your concern. Just for your information, the problem we HAD was the pipe leading to the mains, and being too narrow. But it is now being completely redone so all is fine. You're right to point out that one needs to be careful re what goes in the pipe, but if you have tenants, and despite you telling them to only consider "normal" stuff to go thru, they, sometimes, don't respect...
Cheers,
N.

Sorry no image available

I think Veolia proposes different types of contracts, and I remember receiving a proposal concerning leaks, for which I didn't subscribe. But if you are sent a proposal covering leaks, I assume they will cover the labour but not necessarily the parts, at least this is what I understood. Otherwise, they are really quick to come - as stated in their contract - even over week-ends where, as everybody knows, you get all sorts of unsolved problems cause "everything is closed".
N.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 6 years ago

We get this offer every month in the post. Never take it on because I can do all the work. I would read the fine print, just like medical insurance, are "existing" conditions covered?

Your leak is probably caused by the cold weather, it is always recommended to drain the outdoor systems and/or protect them in the fall. It is called "preventive maintenance".

@nissabella - if your pipes are blocking that many times, on mains connections, you are either placing things that should not go into the system, have a tree or shrub that has broken thru or have a badly installed system.

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 6 years ago

Thanks so much for that information. My last question if you know the answer is do they come out for water leaks and is the repair work and parts normally covered. Its just that so far this year I have called out my plumber twice and now have a small leak on an external water pipe!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Sorry no image available

... Forgot to say : the other alternative is to buy a long enough flexible "furet" - we had to order one thru internet and it cost around 25 euro! - "accept" to get dirty and smelly and unblock your pipe(s) yourself! That is no doubt the "cheaper" solution!
N.

Sorry no image available

Yes, we did take this insurance which covers our used water pipes blockage in their way to the mains, as we had had 3 problems before! We had another problem whilst insured by Veolia, they did come and unblocked and it was all part of the insurance cover. Before, we used to pay around 140 euro each time for the work, so you can calculate that even with one incident we were right to take it!
Hope this helps,