DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Wall Radiator Change- Plumbers Advice Needed

Posted by titi_oz-210208 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Davesjac - 5 years ago

I don't know where your M in Law lives but my partner and I live in Valbonne, if not too far away my partner would be very happy to take a look at the radiator and assess the situation for you. As Louisa quite rightly says, it is difficult to pass an opinion without seeing the job. Perhaps an experienced but impartial eye will reassure you. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 5 years ago

It's entirely normal to take 30% to 40% of the devis before booking the work in or buying materials.

I would interpret "2 plumbers 4 hours to do" as a total of 4 hours, 2 on site for the pair.  8 hours, if that's what it is, sounds a lot, especially if they're both plumbers: a second quote may be advisable. But old rusted-up radiators in a communal heating system can be an absolute nightmare, so without having the seen the job, I would be reluctant to announce the pricing as a rip-off. 

Louisa 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

€250 is a little ok if they have to purchase the radiator ( you did not say)

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 5 years ago

I have never given a tradesman a 'deposit' I think she has been ripped off, I mean 250 euros is alot of money!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

doesn't take 2 guys. or 8 man hours, even if pipes need to be moved to accomadate the new one.

the system also needs to be bleed of air and this alone can take 30 minutes on some systems, up and down to fill the system, bled the air out of the radiator, and over and  over.

I would get a 2nd or 3rd quote and some tape.