DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Water insurance

Posted by job-212223 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 5 years ago

Thanks for taking time to reply, I'll check with our home insurance company first, although I doubt if they seem to cover anything. When I called the bank to find out if we were covered for our water mains problem they replied that our insurance only covered us if our neighbour caused the leak????? Very bizarre.

thanks once aagain!

Sorry no image available
Posted by courtenay-203998 - 5 years ago

No we don't have the inside one.  We checked with our House Insurance and it seemed that everything is covered there.

Sorry no image available

Hi Courtney,

Sorry to bother you again re water insurance. I will be taking the external insurance you recommended for 5.99 however they also do the internal insurance for an extra 8.49 euros. Just wondered if you have this one also and if so what exactly it covers. The man on the phone did explain but my french is not that good?

Please disregard if you don't have the internal water insurance!

regards

Jo

Sorry no image available
Posted by gosub - 5 years ago

Your welcome!

Sorry no image available

Thanks so much Courtney, that's exactly the type of insurance we require.

I will call them this week. 

Regards

Jo

Sorry no image available
Posted by courtenay-203998 - 5 years ago

We have a fairly comprehensive insurance with Veolia Habitat Services  (tel no 08 11 65 85 58) which covers finding leaks between the water meter and the house, repairing or replacing the pipework and making good, up to 3060 € per intervention.  It also covers water loss up to 3000 €.

This costs 5.99 € per month (or you can pay quarterly or yearly if yu prefer).

We recent;y had to call on them and everything was dealt with quickly and efficiently, including being reimbursed more than we had expected for the water loss.

However, if you check your house insurance you may find that some of this is covered there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gosub - 5 years ago

I doubt if Veolia have an English speaking line, but you can check out the insurance HERE.