DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Weber barbecue

Posted by Ba&Ke - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 5 years ago

I realise nothing beats a real barbecue but for a quick and easy solution the Weber Q sounds great. Thanks for all your input.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 5 years ago

Nothing can beat a real wood (sarments de vignes) BBQ, however gas isn't like an oven for rib of beef !that said, you can cook whole roast chicken/fish etc, try & get one with a thermostat on the lid if they make them with one in the smaller models ? also look out for one that has a half grill & half plaque, which is good for 'plancha' veg

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ras-214972 - 5 years ago

I have the gas one; it's OK, but it is not like charcoal. I would imagine the electric is even less impressive.
Really, you should stop thinking of it as a barbecue and instead think of it as a grill, it is very hard to achieve a barbecue flavour. In fact, most often you need to keep the lid down as the gas isn't very strong to get high temperature otherwise, in which case it is like an oven.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Snapshotz - 5 years ago

The Q is fantastic and the gas is better than electric. You can take the gas one to the beach.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 5 years ago

Get gas, cooking over a flame is better than hot element in my opinion , also no elec cables, faster to heat, cheaper to run