DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where can I rent floor polish macine?

Posted by MCOC - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by melies49-311678 - 6 years ago

maybe 20 inch, big one anyway...

Sorry no image available
Posted by melies49-311678 - 6 years ago

I have mine, i can rent to you ( if you need again) 17 inch.
call me : 0621930782

Sorry no image available
Posted by MCOC - 6 years ago

I'm blind. Kiloutou did have a bigger machine with a water tank that will fit the cheetah pads perfectly : http://www.kiloutou.fr/construction-amenagement/nettoyage/monobrosse-230-v-largeur-430-mm

I'll rent the aspirateur eau as well and the job shouldn't be to hard.

I'm only doing about 100 square m so if the job turns out to be a success I can sell you the pads for 20% of what a paid when I'm done.

I'll keep you posted

Sorry no image available

Ah yes, I feared it will take a while. I'm planning to book the machine for a full week just in case.

I've researched alot online and there is alot of bad reviews for the monkey pads actually, however their newer cheetah pads get very good reviews, even from the guys who hated the monkey pads: http://cheetahpads.com/. Double the price unfortunately and there you really have to have a machine in the right size. The kiloutou one says:

Type : Laveuse de sols Hauteur : 1.00 mLargeur : 0.35 mEnergie : 230 V

Some of the youtube clips i've seen they use machines that whey between 50 - 75 kg.

I changed my order to the cheetah pads instead as they got much better reviews.

Did you also rent a wet vacuum?

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 6 years ago

How did your crystallization go btw?Very, very, very LONG. Which is why I am interested in MP's claims that the diamond discs can vastly reduce the time. Also it wasn't that brilliant in the end.
Hmm - strange you see such a big difference in size. I can't get my head around inches but I would say that the machine I used had a disc about as wide as my keyboard I am typing on. Just measured it and it is 44cm. I certainly would not put a smaller machine on bigger discs - what a waste! and you need evenly distributed weight all over so don't use an adapter. I am sure you will find a heavy monobrosse of the right size quite easily.

Sorry no image available

I just ordered online from their website, shipping was 80 usd. I'll probably get hit with customs and import tax fees as well.

From what I've read the monkeys will never be able to replace a real diamond disc grind, but they should do a decent job. One guy suggested you should use polishing powder when you use the last 1500 pad to get a nice finish.

The problem with the kilotou machine was that it said it was only 11 inch in the monkey pads are 17 inch = 43 cm. I called the monkey guys and they said you could cut the pads to fit the smaller kilotou machine and it should work. I know there are adapters for these machines that would make it possible to use different sizes of pads. I'll check with kilotou, maybe i'm lucky and they have an adapter as well.

I appreciate the tips. I'll definitely email before and after pics when I'm done with the job.

How did your crystallization go btw?

Sorry no image available

Wow! Where were you when I took a 3-day weekend to crystallize my marble last summer?
These Monkey Pads look fantastic! But my goodness - they are not cheap are they? But if they can save so much time over the traditional method then I'd happily pay what they are asking. Did you buy a pack online or did you find someone local to sell you just the discs you need? Having a large marble and travertine surface of my own to take care of, I'd be interested in them for the next renov job.
I still think that Kiloutou machine would be OK. One Tiip: they have 3 or 4 in La Bocca - ask to see them all and take the one with the best bonding plate - some of them are a bit ropey or gummed up - which is fine for the disposable steel wool pads that are used in the crystallization process but I would think you'd need a nice clean bonding for those expensive Monkey Pads.
P.S. e-mail me when you do your job, I'd like to see how they work if I may.

Sorry no image available

Hi Christopher,

I was planning to use the machine with monkey pads: http://www.monkeypads.com/admin/ and not the crystallization products that come along with it as I've heard it can damage the floor in the long run.

The ppl who sold the monkeys recommended a rotary floor machine with water tank for a quicker job.

Sorry no image available

I have rented exactly that machine from Kiloutou and I can tell you that it is no lightweight. It may look slim but it weighs a ton. It is a monobrosse slow-speed - essentially for stripping, crystallising and buffing marble and the like. Why would you want a water tank? Any of the above products don't use water and they are better applied directly with a fine spray gun.