DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Workers and insurance

Posted by GAnthony - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AngeGabbie - 3 years ago

If you want to stay legal, don't employ illegal labour! 

Most of us do it sometimes but you do it knowing you're taking your chances, and you don't talk about it on forums.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bandy - 3 years ago

If someone's got no SIRET number then they are working on the black so stay clear of them at all costs. It's not worth the risk if you get caught !

Sorry no image available
Posted by RF-205947 - 3 years ago

Hi  Eurokine

How much of a percentage do the social charges add on to the cost off employing casual labour?

Thanks for advice!

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

cheque emploi service covers all social contributions for the employed person, points towards retirement, health cover and unemployment benefit providing all the different potential contracts add up to a certain  minimum number of hours a week, on average over the month (15 I believe).

As I said in my post , insurance for the emloyees or emploters personal liability is up to them to check out

Sorry no image available
Posted by paulhenry - 5 years ago

CHEQUE EMPLOI does not pay retitement or insurance 

Sorry no image available
Posted by appletrees-321263 - 5 years ago

I was surprised a while ago when an architect came on a preliminary visit to discuss plans for an extension. He sent us a long agreement form part of which stipulated we had to take out insurance for anyone working at the property.

Sorry no image available

no idea, but he should have a responsibilité civile professionnelle insurance to cover damage he may cause if he is working at whatever type of work. I would also check with your household insurance. You may be covered for claims against you of this kind providing the workman is declared (ie cheque emploi or siret)

Cheque emploi gives him social security benefits & retirement contributions and you a clear conscience. Look on their website (cesu.urssaf.fr) for details of how to do it & how it works

Sorry no image available
Posted by GAnthony - 5 years ago

But does it provide adequate insurance cover for dangerous work on roofs?  I guess that is our greatest concern, both for us and the worker involved.

Sorry no image available

cheque emploi service is made for this eventuality