DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

EU and UK

Posted by johnking - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Earthling-217786 - 5 years ago

the islanders

br />Just exactly who are YOU refering to with this terminology ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnking - 5 years ago

I have lived in France for over 20 years my home  here is my only home what I was thinking of are things like health care.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

This would be a good thing. Cannot wait...A big waste of UK money. If your a Scot you may not have to wait to long to be part of the EU again.

What would happen to the islanders here; well, you would only have a 3 month visa (Tourist) and to extend that, would have to go to the French embassy in London to get a longer one. 

Would free up alot of jobs for French Nationals and EU nationals here as a Brit would be required to go thru (see above) and be put at the bottom of the list, ie. first french then EU then all the rest for the jobs on offer.

Probably easier to have a look at the visa requirements for non-EU people who want to live and/or work in France. There might even be a section on this site. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

John, aren't you trying to put the cart before the horse? Would it not be a waste of taxpayers' money for the government to drop everything and negotiate all the tiniest details of the exit strategy (all due respect, but second home owners in France probably aren't right at the top of their list of priorities) - and then, when they've sorted all the details out, make a decision on whether or not to leave?.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 5 years ago

At a guess, which can only be done at this stage, the same as those owning properties in US, RSA, Marocco etc........

Steve