DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Skype across the miles

Posted by knorra - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by orme-197181 - 10 years ago

you can do the same thing without the underwater sound using a telephone. wonderful invention the telephone

But it costs too much! I've never tried using Skype out of Europe, but within Europe you don't pay for 'calls', at least we never have.

Sorry no image available
Posted by benandal-185374 - 10 years ago

I think the great thing is if u all have PCs or MACs you can do conference calls for free!!! You can pay a little bit to speak to people on landlines if you like - I love it - the first decent cross platform chat software with viedo (msn doesn't allow video for mac users)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dancer-180182 - 10 years ago

"It was just the novelty of talking to them both that was fun."

you can do the same thing without the underwater sound using a telephone. wonderful invention the telephone.

Sorry no image available
Posted by knorra - 10 years ago

Actually, Orme we weren't using cameras, though one of my brothers is always telling me to rig one up. It was just the novelty of talking to them both that was fun.

Sorry no image available
Posted by orme-197181 - 10 years ago

The only strange thing is that the people are looking at the screen and most cameras sit on top of it, so that you are talking to someone who is looking elsewhere! I suppose with a bit of practice one gets used to looking at the camera when talking and the screen when listening.