DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Video replays in sport specifically football

Posted by squasher - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paulo8 - 10 years ago

Yes it is high time they used technology available to make football as fair as possible. It would be very simple to include a chip in the ball to determine over the line goals, and a refereeing team to make a quick judgment to call down to on pitch ref for decisions such as off-sides and penalties. Hopefuly would also cut out the diving we all hate.Fact is the standard of refereeing this season has been atrocious. The whole system needs an overhaul including red card bans....Taylor snapping Eduardo's leg in 3 places rec'd the same 3 match ban as Petrov's swing and miss on Osman. Ridiculous.'squasher', I am a City fan and although you may feel harshly done by the ref in this match, I am sure you can understand like most of the other PL teams we have had our share of refs ruin matches and scorelines.'fugly' obviously a rugby fan.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fugly-185614 - 10 years ago

but if they brought in a video ref it may stop the footballers doing their prima ballerina bit and falling over to get free kicks.of course it would spoil the 'spirit' of the game, it would make it fair.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 10 years ago

used in tennis too

I think they shd use it in any major sport

Sorry no image available
Posted by Roo-235802 - 10 years ago

You have a good point and they should use technology to ensure fairness ...why not eh?

Roo