DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

whats with the school girl look

Posted by Angela-181053 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

I'm delighted to say that I never see a pop-up unless invited. The google guys take care of it for me with the excellent google toolbar pop-up stopper, which beats the utility of the same name hands down.

http://toolbar.google.com

Regards

Mike

PS. Mark, to find out about how the olives are harvested see my posting under 'General' and turn up in the morning. :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mark Dezzani - 14 years ago

Dublin Mike and others,

first apologies for the pop-up on the site, (hope they were disabled on your browser.) I saw it after I recommended it!

Mike, if it was the gender that upset you, then I did recommend it for those chatting about men in kilts. I have to say that I was almost offended by your link. I mean where is her sporran??

For the blokes, I suggest you go to the Alice Cooper page on the site I suggested and check out the splendid midi version of Schools Out. Now there's a good cover.

Do you harvest with nets and beat the olives down with a stick? Now I know why Olive trees are gnawled and twisted.

Sorry no image available

Mark

Firstly how dare you accuse me of even referring to a cover??!!**!!

Secondly, your URL almost made me puke, that's specifically the tartan that I can't bear thinking about.

What I had in mind is here:
http://www.nafnafgroup.com/vf/relatpress_portfolio/highres/H03_04_NAF_pub01.jpg

As regards the olives, well we're 400m up and we appear to be very lucky as many farms don't have many olives after such a dry season. It's amazing that they are so early this year. We may even have to summon AI assistance next week for harvesting, as by the time family and friends arrive for Xmas holliers it'll all be too late.......as was the plan.

Best regards and the Premier Bouteille is yours.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Angela-181053 - 14 years ago

Mmmmmmmmmm,

a long time since i've seen a pic of the bay city rollers, or even thought of them do river radio play there music still ha!!.

as for mel gibson well what can i say, theis gorgeous man would look good

in anything.

yes a kilt is a must you will always have something come up that you could wear it to even if it is only the rugby.

maybe not the rugby do you see how them scots boys play, makes a girl want to take a bat to their head.

Angela

Sorry no image available

Hi Dublin Mike, I'm glad the Heaven song was the Fred Astaire version and not the Bryan Adams one. I have to admit that I had a little help from my (Google) friends, but couldn't resist the first prize. Can I have the first litre of this years vintage for making the effort. The main harvest here is normally January, but we are 500m up, it'll be interesting to see how early it starts this year.

Judging by the reaction. a kilt sounds like a must for every guy's wardrobe. Angela, yjme and other kilt afficianados, visit this site immediately;

http://www.fortunecity.com/bally/tallow/51/

Yours,

Seborga the Brave

Sorry no image available

Mark of course I forgot to say that you were specifically Banned from entering given such an unfair advantage over the non-radio folk!!! HeHe. You'll be surprised to hear that I knew you would get a full score when I wrote that list, I don't believe that any other radioheads down here would know half as there's not enough Shania Twain on it.

We begin harvesting this week ( weeks early due to hot summer) and pressing right away. I'll be in touch as soon as the amber nectar (not Fosters Bruce) begins to flow.

cheers,

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 14 years ago

I'll second that. Third that, fourth that. Sooooooooo sexy. And absolutely NOTHING to do with looking under the kilt I'd like to point out.  It's that swing in the walk that Mark was talking about! But on the other hand, has to be on someone with good legs, no knobbly knees thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Angela-181053 - 14 years ago

Yes Zeynep is that not what I said!!!!

mark, theres nothing better than to see the boys dressed in kilts

(not just the scots)

Angela

Sorry no image available

"Ooh heaven....I'm in heaven."  Cheek To Cheek - Fred Astaire (Irving Berlin)
"Temptation, frustration, So bad it makes him cry" Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
"If I can't have you, I don't want nobody baby" Yvonne Elliman*
"Sail away with me honey" David Gray*
"There's gonna be a heartache tonight" Eagles*
"It wasn't me" Shaggy*
"Never know how much I love you, never know how much I care" Fever - Peggy Lee/Elvis Presley etc..
"Sweet dreams are made of this" Eurythmics*
"I guess I'll see you next lifetime" Erykah Badhu - Next Lifetime
"Oh happy day" Edwin Hawkins Singers (Lordy, Lordy!)
"And I think to myself, what a wonderful world" Louis Armstrong*
"Whenever, wherever" Shakira*
"Holding back the years" Simply Red*
"Baby, baby can I hold you tonight?" Tracy Chapman (please tell me you meant this one and not the Boyzone one!!)*
"I saw you just the other day,  my, how you have grown" Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
"I'll be wrapped around your finger" Police*
"For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide" Johnny Cash - I Walk THe Line
"Take off your dress, yes - yes - yes" Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On
"I got a bad desire      Ohhhhhhhhh, I'm on fire" Bruce Sprinsteen*

*Song title in the lyrics.

Hi Dublin Mike,

I claim my bottle of Extra Virgin Oil. Much better than Johnson's by the way ;-)))

As for class & style, how about the Italians? Whenever I try and make out that I am Italian to the Italians, they look at my British dress sense and say, yeah sure! I do remember wearing a tartan kilt with a good heavy weave to a festa in Seborga, and really enjoyed the way the swing of the material makes your hips swagger!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zeynep-183200 - 14 years ago

That is this winter's fashion, Angela. Short tartan skirts and knee-high (and higher) boots. It's everywhere - just take a look at any woman's magazine, and you can't miss it.

And, yes, I hear the French do know a thing or two about fashion :-)

Regards,

Zeynep