DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Border collie male friend?

Posted by groovy-207069 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by taniaburrows-262139 - 6 years ago

Hi There,

I understand the desire to have a litter from your loved dog. Make sure you think well before doing this, as it is very hard to rehome a dog in a forever home.
Our refuges are full of pure breed Border Collies. I rehomed myself a puppy Border Collie last week. They are very smart dogs, but they are working dogs. They can turn into unmanageable dogs if they get bored and if they do not get the right amount of stimulation during in their daily life.
The one refuge I support has a pure breed Border Collie:
www.sanscollierprovence.org

You should know that out of 10 puppies adopted, only 1 happens to find a serious, responsible and forever home.
Think of all the dogs that are being abandoned and euthanised, every day. Also check all the posts in the Pets for Sale section: a lot of foreigners move back to their country leaving their pets behind.

I wish you all the best, really, but I just thought I would add another point of view which is a sad reality.

Thank you,

Tania Burrows

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cosmoandmartini - 6 years ago

Hi there,

Have a friend who will be bringing over her two border collies soon. Will pass this on. Would also like a pup.

Sorry no image available
Posted by 63gbs-211288 - 6 years ago

Hi Groovy - unfortunately our Border Collie hasn't got all the equipment to help you but you may find what you want here if no one local replies.
http://www.leboncoin.fr/animaux/offres/provence_alpes_cote_d_azur/?f=a&th=1&q=border+collie