DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Can anyone pick up 5 kittens at the vet's and bring them to me?

Posted by Leslie Frasier-212797 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Leslie Frasier-212797 - 5 years ago

I just got the news, mother has tested negative FeLV/FIV so at least that hurdle is passed!  I also found someone who will be bringing me the kittens this afternoon!

It's very nice to know there is someone out there who can find homes for FIV positive gentle cats and kittens.  Would you have foster homes as well during the waiting period for the kittens?  Do you have foster homes for the gentle FIV positive adult cats?  Our problem is once they're tested if we don't have someone to take them immediately we can't keep them.  It's all a matter of having the right foster homes on stand-by, which as you probably know is very difficult to find.

Thanks for you help!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cathouse-290059 - 5 years ago

Hello Leslie,

I'm sorry, we're miles away in Fayence area in the Var so we can't offer to help transport.  The one thing I'd like to say is that if the mum proves to be FIV+ (but FeLV neg.), it's possible that half the kitties may prove neg. for FIV when they've been away from mum for 6 weeks or so, as you'd know. The kitties would give a false pos....as you know. 

If time allows can you email me on: catrick@orange.fr because we and our vet are very keen to try and home FIV pos. cats and kittens under certain circumstances, non aggressive, opped (kittens at 6 months), and go to a home either without a cat or with another FIV pos. cat, etc.  Please let us know and we can put a posting up at our vets to try a home for FIV pos., gentle cats.......it's only contagious in cats that fight and bite.  We like to try and give them a chance....   FeLV is so contagious we don't home these poor puddies. 

Just a thought....I realise it's so hard finding good homes for kitties here anyway.

Best wishes, Cathouse

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cathouse-290059 - 5 years ago

Hello Leslie,

I'm sorry, we're miles away in Fayence area in the Var so we can't offer to help transport.  The one thing I'd like to say is that if the mum proves to be FIV+ (but FeLV neg.), it's possible that half the kitties may prove neg. for FIV when they've been away from mum for 6 weeks or so, as you'd know. The kitties would give a false pos....as you know. 

If time allows can you email me on: catrick@orange.fr because we and our vet are very keen to try and home FIV pos. cats and kittens under certain circumstances, non aggressive, opped (kittens at 6 months), and go to a home either without a cat or with another FIV pos. cat, etc.  Please let us know and we can put a posting up at our vets to try a home for FIV pos., gentle cats.......it's only contagious in cats that fight and bite.  We like to try and give them a chance....   FeLV is so contagious we don't home these poor puddies. 

Just a thought....I realise it's so hard finding good homes for kitties here anyway.

Best wishes, Cathouse