DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cat

Posted by wkt54-196372 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by belamica-188434 - 8 years ago

Yes, or from the vet. I use "ascatène" from biocanina, twice a year on both our cats. Works great. And 800 gr. a day is WAY too much!! Try smaller portions, spaced over the day. Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by wkt54-196372 - 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies.

She will not eat dry food. I have tried.

The vermifuge - what is it exactly? Can you buy it at any pharmacy?

Tks

Sorry no image available
Posted by kiwitrace - 8 years ago

Hi,                                                                                                                                                That sounds way too much food. Norrmally I have found a largish handfull of biscuits in the morning and at the most 200grm of wet food in the evening is ample. Have you tried worming the cat, it would be worthwhile doing. I have had about 12 cats over the years and although some of them have been little piggys, none have eaten 800grms. Cats are usually grazers, unlike dogs, and will eat little and often. Maybe it is just a bit frightened it wont get another meal soon and will settle down. Good luck.   Trace

Sorry no image available
Posted by valann2 - 8 years ago

Too much. Best to feed dry food as well, less of the canned type. The cat probably has worms so get her to the vet, or at least a vermifuge from pharmacy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kiwitrace - 8 years ago

Hi,                                                                                                                                                That sounds way too much food. Norrmally I have found a largish handfull of biscuits in the morning and at the most 200grm of wet food in the evening is ample. Have you tried worming the cat, it would be worthwhile doing. I have had about 12 cats over the years and although some of them have been little piggys, none have eaten 800grms. Cats are usually grazers, unlike dogs, and will eat little and often. Maybe it is just a bit frightened it wont get another meal soon and will settle down. Good luck.   Trace