DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

cat bleeding, injured and abandoned - Trapped in Garage but we can't catch it - Help Urgent!

Posted by cremeanglaise - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by molly57 - 5 years ago

That is such good news and good work by you and the others. Isn't it great when something works out and people rally round to help (person or animal) in distress.  Was he from far away??  Enjoy your cuppa.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cremeanglaise - 5 years ago

Hurray! Cat caught successfully with tuna and trap and with Tania Burrow's help, was presented at vets in Clausonnes today ( 900 route de valmasques) .

Owners traced  thanks to collar and microchip and were pleased to retrieve their cat. 

Cat however was very badly infected and will require a complicated op and long treatment which fortunately has been started today, but best outcome all round. :)

Once again, thanks to everyone who chipped in here to help and advise- very much appreciated. Special thanks go to Leslie Frasier and Tania Burrows who made this rescue possible.

A very relieved cremeanglaise now off for a well deserved cuppa! xx

Sorry no image available

My grateful thanks to Leslie and to Tania. Tania drove over to meet me this afternoon with a suitable cat trap and some practical advice on catching cats!

For general information for this forum you might like to know that I contacted the 'Assistance aux Animaux in Grasse' - 51 la paoute, grasse - contact Annie Renard 06 63 11 25 16 ( she speaks a little english)

She did also try to provide a trap, but required a french deposit cheque of 100 euros ( sensibly) upfront, before I could take it away. The cheque was something I was unable to provide. I would happily have offered cash, but they could not accept that or provide a receipt for it, so I could not use their trap.  She also agreed if I took it to the vet, Dr Rabbet , route de draguignan in peymeinade, that we would split the cost of any treatment.

In the end both Leslie and Tania were angels, Leslie put me in touch with Tania, and she in turn put no conditions on me borrowing one of her cat traps, (despite me offering) and was reassuring and helpful.

Now it only remains to catch it.... watch this space

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

You're very kind and clearly an animal lover.  Ring your local vet(s) anyway and the gendarmerie and the Mairie as the owner of this pet cat will almost undoubtedly have contacted them to ask for sightings, etc.

Good luck - you did everything you could, and credit to you. x

Sorry no image available

ok. Firstly thanks to all who responded and so quickly to our distress call. When we opened the garage this morning, the cat had vanished into thin air so, inexplicably,  at this point I now have nothing to catch?( I know! No need to say anything, I feel completely stupid, how can you lose a cat from a locked garage!)

Husband then found hole in wall to cellar next door where we think it might have slipped through. I will try to contact Leslie etc to see if I can get a trap over here and entice it in, as it will return no doubt tonight,  as it has been doing for the last few days. I just hate seeing the poor thing bleeding and in distress. can't say thank you enough to all who offered contact details and advice. keep you posted

Sorry no image available
Posted by Espanola - 5 years ago

And if that fails Leslie just told me that Tania Burrows our 'animal colleague' in Villeneuve has traps, you can call her on: 0622966223

Please keep us posted

Sorry no image available

Another possibility: In Mandelieu there is a lady who runs an association and she will probably come out to you. Her name is Corinne. Give her a call on behalf of Serena: 06 61 82 56 50

Sorry no image available

PS don't let him out of your garage!

Sorry no image available

Leslie is in Villeneuve Loubet until 12 this morning. GIve her a call, she has a big cage with her you could collect, although not a cat trap, she can advise you.

Here is a link to Leslie's site and a list of refuges:

http://www.leschatsdumercantour.com/fr/les-refuges-et-associations

Sorry no image available
Posted by les lucioles - 5 years ago

Please try and contact Leslie Frasier from leschatsdumercantour.com at 0493023341 or 0618943576.

She is not far from Grasse, and will hopefully be able to help you out, if not in person, then in tips or contacts. If the cat has a collar, then it is probably chipped as well, and once caught, a vet can find the owner. Good Luck!!