DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cat & Holidays...

Posted by Mian - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cathouse-290059 - 5 years ago

OK, Thanks, we'll have a look at their website.  We'd actually prefer a reliable and experienced cat sitter to live-in but they'd need to be experienced with handling our own cats plus stray cats and keeping all separate....only for the truly experienced.

Many thanks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by teen-14236 - 5 years ago

vacances-canines.com.........photos and videos VERY slow to load, but it will give you an idea as to  whether your cat will be suited!

Sorry no image available

They have a large enclosed area each with their own chalet, toys, cushions etc. They don't have contact with other kitties, though they can see others. The cattery is obviously outside, but extremely sheltered from the elements. We were very happy with it (the only reason we no longer go , is that our neighbours do the babysitting!). I believe they have a good website.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cathouse-290059 - 5 years ago

At Vacances Canines do the cats have their own separate runs, with an indoor area to nest and an outdoor area to get sun and air....with no direct contact with other cats?   In France they often put cats in together which is a worry for passing on disease, cats shouldn't even have shared air space, let alone direct contact with other cats who are not from the same family.

Do cats have their own runs here?  Many thanks.

Sorry no image available

Vacances Canines, La Courbaisse in the Tinee Valley.A bit out of the way to say the least......but a very nice cattery well away from the"doggery". It's really the only good one we have found in our area.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sunshine05-203826 - 6 years ago

This summer we are trying www.holidog.fr They match people who are willing to pet sit with people looking for petsitters. You do pay, but its a fraction of what you pay for a kennel.

Worth checking out - I will let you know how it works out for us :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by granapadano - 6 years ago

Hello
I highly reccomend Madame Vidolo Tel; 04 93 66 49 38. She has a cat and dog Pension in Peymeinade. She treats the animals very well and my little dog loves going there for 'stays'.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie07-284100 - 6 years ago

Yes sure Marco is taking the cat home in Cannes.

very clean and lots of time and love

greetings

Sorry no image available
Posted by teen-214765 - 6 years ago

My cats are now looked after by neighbours when we go away, but I have used Vacances Canines , la Courbaisse, Tournefort . It's in the Tinee valley, so a bit far, but it is easily the best cattery I've seen here, clean and cosy, yet very spacious. The cats and dogs are kept a very good distance from each other.

The access road off the main Tinee road is a nightmare, unmetalled track and long. They do have a decent website and welcome visits. Just google the name and La Courbaisse.

Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mian - 6 years ago

Thank you, but I was hoping to find somewhere where I could leave the cat while I am gone. Preferably with nonstop company, as she is a very social cat!