DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dogs to Uk

Posted by beachouse - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AlanB76 - 10 years ago

URGENT FOR BEACHOUSEHi beachhouse - you need more than the blood tests and tetra levels - your dog needs to be wormed I think 24 hour prior to entry or entry must be completed within 24 hours of worming - if you do not get this RIGHT you will not be allowed entry, I am not 100% certain but if you go through the tunnel and then get stopped at the other end with the required formalites such as worming you will either be turned back at best OR your dog put into quarantine for 6 months.You MUST contact DEFRA and get everything correct before you travel here,there might even be more to it than just the worming, they seem to change this & that from time to time - defra link below.http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm.

Sorry no image available
Posted by 63gbs-211288 - 10 years ago

Yes - six months need to elapsed from the blood test results prior to travelling - then you need to have tick treatment + worming 24 to 48 hours prior to entering the UK all of which must be entered in the pet passport and stamped and signed by the vet.

Returning to France shouldn't be a problem as you have the pet passport - no special restrictions apply.

The best place to look for info is the defra website - just do a google search for pet passport should bring it up and it will give you all the info.

Hope that helps - if you need any more info email me