DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ginger cat found - Castellaras area

Posted by Methuselah-217505 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by waffin - 6 years ago

If you have no luck with getting him to the vets you can have a home visit to scan for a microchip. If there isn't one please contact Leslie at Les Chats du Mercantour, website of same name, who will hopefully foster him and find a new home :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ajna - 6 years ago

It looks like a male to me. Can you check whether he is castrated ? If not, he's more likely to be abandonned ...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Methuselah-217505 - 6 years ago

I've contacted the APOT and the municipal police. It won't be easy to take him to the vet as he gets very nervous when I try to pick him up and put him in the car and I don't think I could get him into a box or basket without being scratched and bitten.

Here's a photo of the beast :

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1613/catgp.jpg

Sorry no image available
Posted by Methuselah-217505 - 6 years ago

Thanks, I'll do that too. It's still here and seems to have made itself very much at home in my study.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cdzblue-308731 - 6 years ago

The first thing I would do is contact APOT (aninmaux perdu oy trouve) 0800 037016. Mme Benali, who speaks very good English will be able to tell you if the cat has been reported as missing. If not you can take the cat to your local vet who will be able to tell if the cat's been chipped or may even recognise it! Good luck.