DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Horse Livery

Posted by TFO - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aliceke - 4 years ago

Hi there, stables are EXTREMELY expensive and not professional, horsemanship is often poor in 06-83 area.

Try ETRIER DE BIOT 831 Boulevard de la Source 06410 BIOT Mr JeanPierre Mingeonnet 0612047400.  Very nice people, it is not a commercial stable, a very good and caring groom, great arena (outdoor), possibility to go hacking.  People that know about horses and will take care of them in case of emergency.  Good luck.

Please contact me via private mail for more info aliceke@hotmail.nl

Sorry no image available
Posted by TFO - 4 years ago

I haven't totally dismissed the yard at Peille,  I am coming down in 3 weeks and will give the journey a trial run to see how long it takes, however any saving on the cost of livery may well be lost in fuel, time and tolls.

Sorry no image available
Posted by spacebetween-238176 - 4 years ago

Shame about Peille - Isa and David are very caring - and the riding around the area is stunning - and I imagine prices are cheaper than in V-L.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TFO - 4 years ago

Thank you for your replies, parapente I have emailed you. The yard at Peille, I think is too far away.

I'm not bothered whether English is spoken or not as my French isn't bad.

Any more suggestions welcome

Sorry no image available
Posted by spacebetween-238176 - 4 years ago

Try Isabelle and David near Peille - nice location - not much english spoken!!!

http://soubrana-chevalmontagne.com/index.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by parapente - 4 years ago

Hi,

I keep my horse at Villeneuve Loubet and have done for the past 12 years, except for a two year break when I was at a private yard near Valbonne.

It is very hard to find the right place here and the turnout is very little but at Villeneuve Loubet, there is always somewhere to ride and plenty of space. The hacking is stoney but good (for the region) and the hills keep the muscle on!

It used to be a beautiful place run by one family and over the years it has changed and it is now small businesses, with each business running a number of boxes each and prices vary from 550euros per month upwards and the level of care and experience varies drammatically.

I am very happy with the business I am with. My horse eats exceptionally well and has hay 4 times per day instead of the usual two and she does get turned out if only for an hour or so per day. If your French is not very good, there are a lot of English speakers!

If you would like to know more I would be happy to help.