DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

How to stop dog licking a wound

Posted by Josephine Mackenzie - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Josephine Mackenzie - 5 years ago

I did find a cone for him today.  Thank you again for taking the time to reply.

Sorry no image available

Thank you for your replies.  I did ask the vet at the time, but he said they were useless, which has not been my experience with them, but I will go back & see if they have them & if not try to find one elsewhere.  I know dogs hate them, but I just know he's going to have his nose stuck right in there as soon as I take the bandage off.  On that subject, any advice for removing an adhesive bandage--it's on his tail, the wound is at the top of his tail & the bandage is about 15cms.  A friend said soak the bandage first, then cut it off.  Any suggestions welcome.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

I can't believe your vet didn't offer for you to buy a cone.  Go back and buy one!!  Good luck, from a fellow animal lover.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hermosabeach - 5 years ago

Hi, Jomackenzie

Stopping them licking is always a hard one!  They do have cones here at the vets.  We were given one for our dog (but I only put it on him once because he looked so sad).  Just call another vet or maybe stop by a pharmacy? There is also a spray you can use called Cothivet.  It helps them not lick the spot.  Good luck!

Sorry no image available

I forgot to say, I'm in central Nice with no car.