DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

info re Horse stables close to Monaco?

Posted by GrettyMC - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by alsyfra-834310 - 5 years ago

Hi,

There is an equestrian centre called The Crazy Horse Club .Ask for Phillippe( his girlfriend speaks english), near the Col d'Eze and also Club Hippique near Cold'Eze, Very basic, but there are stables.

Sorry no image available
Posted by panta-271179 - 5 years ago

Hi, your message dates from August, are you still in Monaco, have you found a place for your horse. I have been leaving here for 5 years in this non-horsey country and would love to meet up and have a chat.  Please email me private.

Sorry no image available
Posted by spacebetween-238176 - 5 years ago

Hi - I have friends who have a yard in Peille who offer pension and have a menage etc......they don't speak great English but am sure you could manage.

Isa and David - this is their facebook page if you are interested-

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soubrana-Cheval-Montagne/240459486033950?ref=ts&fref=ts

Sorry no image available
Posted by Midnight-293656 - 5 years ago

I would be interested in contact details for the stables/livery in both Mougins and Villeneuve  - do they have websites? please private email me if you know as I am looking for well run place to ride out and maybe bit of dressage where the horses are not exhausted! thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sabine Baumann - 5 years ago

Hi Greta,

I am a 64 y o horse enthusiast living in Nice and going to ride in Villeneuve Loubet on Saturdays. I think it is the best place on the Cote d'Azur and perfectly English speaking, but without any doubt too far for you to go every day from Monaco. Even if I doubt that you save much time going to Nice Equestrian Centre. I hope somebody can recommend you a place nearer to Monaco, but I fear it will be rustic mountain places. If you would care for coffee and chat about horses, let me know. Phone: 04-93 87 97 33 or 06-78 23 99 24.

Happy New Year, Sabine

Sorry no image available
Posted by Danusia - 5 years ago

Hi, Theres's a good private stables in Laghet just behind La Turbie. The owner is Jacqueline Tocant. All the horses have padocks and are well cared for. Their main interest is dressage but CSO is also encouraged.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kentish maid-243236 - 5 years ago

Hi

I am not horsey at all, but if it helps, the Sospel road is fine, once you get used to it (I live near there). BUT Sospel is VERY cold in the winter.  It will take you 40 mins from MC.

However there is a very good livery & everything else in Mougins, behind the International school.  It would also take you about 40 mins from MC.  The weather there is a bit milder, but it's still frosty at the moment, especially in the morning.  Good hacking & schooling facilities from what I can see.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phoebethomas - 5 years ago

Hi, 

Don't know if this will be relevant now, you may have already found stables but I ride at the Club Hippique de Nice and would reccommend it if you want a centre that has excellent facilities and frequent competitions. I do not know anyone who speaks fluent English but they are really nice! I would be happy to provide a translation service

Phoebe