DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lady Yule Mougins needs blankets/dog beds

Posted by dantheman-235091 - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by motherearth-207430 - 10 years ago

Hi everyone,I've just been over to the Lady Yule refuge to drop off some towels and blankets. Doesn't look like their planned move to la Rte. de la Valmasque is going to happen for a while yet, (probably towards September), so they're still trying to improve conditions for the dogs in the meantime.They would welcome more old towels, washable rugs and blankets, if anyone has some to spare.They also have several gorgeous puppies aged around 8 weeks looking for good homes:- several short-haired, black labrador X puppies which, from the size of their paws, will be BIG dogs- a beauceron X- a smaller, brown & white bull terrier X- a couple of brindle-coloured pups resembling Malinois which I imagine will grow into medium-sized dogs.Three of these pups were rescued from death row at the fourriere last week. They are all in super condition (lots of puppy fat, bright eyes, really soft, silky coats) and very friendly - any of them would make a wonderful companion, so if anyone's in a position to adopt one, please contact the refuge. If you don't speak French, email me and I'll help you.Thanks.xxxP.S. Tom (the young shepherd X) is still looking for a good home...

Sorry no image available
Posted by dantheman-235091 - 10 years ago

I am sorry folks. We cannot do pickups, as the staff do not have the time or resources, and as most of our volunteers are women (that tells us something), mostly elderly or teenagers (my daughter is one of them), for obvious safety reasons it would be unwise to send them out there as anyone could be reading this, better safe than sorry.

You may however drop things off at the gate of the refuge during closing hours, just write Refuge Lady Yule on it, the staff will collect.

Many thanks to everyone helping us help dogs.

Dan

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nicola R-189479 - 10 years ago

Hello...I've had some old towels and stuff in my car for the past few days, wanting to drop them off at the refuge, but unfortunately the opening times of the refuge never coincide with when I can get to that area.

I live in Le Cannet, not far from the Grande-Bretagne roundabout. Is there anyone who can pick up the things, or is there somewhere I can leave them?

Many thanks

Nicola

Sorry no image available

Here is a map of the Refuge Lady Yule Mougins

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/refuge.lady.yule/_renseignements_adoptions_015.htm

Help us help dogs!

Sorry no image available

Many thanks!

Can you keep them on hand until monday/tuesday?

Volunteers should be able to pick up then.

Happy Easter

Sorry no image available
Posted by azurella-209439 - 10 years ago

I have a few old clothes that would do the job.I am in Old Antibes if you want to pick them upThanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Roo-235802 - 10 years ago

right thanks mother earth.. I have to go in that direction in about 10 days so I will do it thenRoo

Sorry no image available
Posted by motherearth-207430 - 10 years ago

I also have some towels and blankets for them. Will try to get over to the refuge this w/end. Roo, from Nice, get off the autoroute at Mougins exit and head towards Cannes/Le Cannet. Almost immediately, you'll pass a Honda garage on your right and about 20 metres further down, traffic lights with a lane leading off to the right . Take this road on the right and stay on it until you reach a large junction/crossroads at the bottom (after about 2ks at a rough guess). Go straight across the crossroads and almost immediately you'll see a smallish turning/road called Chemin du Refuge on your right. The refuge is down there, on the left.x

Sorry no image available
Posted by Roo-235802 - 10 years ago

HOW DO I GET THERE FROM NICE...I HAVE SOME BLANKETS I CAN GIVE THEM AND A FEW LEASHES AND TOYS...I'LL TAKE ALONG A LARGE BAG OF DOGGIE MIX FOR THEM TOORoo

Sorry no image available

Anyone? any old blankets please?

Picture a dog on cold concrete...how much of a difference an old blanket can make.

Help us help dogs!

Refuge Lady Yule Mougins