DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking to volunteer at Dog/Animal rescue/refuge

Posted by BlueStar-902682 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Leslie Frasier-212797 - 5 years ago

As I said in my e-mail I'm desperately looking for a foster home for either an adult cat or kittens. (or dogs)  I presently need a foster home for a 10 year old cat who is being sent to the pound at the end of the week or two others who will be put out on the streets in Le Cannet tomorrow.  Can anybody out there help out??

Thanks.

Leslie 06 18 94 35 76

www.leschatsdumercantour.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by sisi1 - 5 years ago

Haha! I walk dogs at Duflos too and although its a great refuge for the animals there, our friend is right, the boss is rather abrupt. Please don't let that put you off though because those dogs really need walking, as do the poor guys at the nearby SPA Espoir. Let us know f you need more advice or would like to come along on a walk with me one morning to see how it works:

Sorry no image available
Posted by HandA-281266 - 5 years ago

Hi,

We dog walk for Refuge Duflos, next to Decathlon / near Castorama near the A8 motorway exit for Antibes.  The centre is well run and they look after the animals well.

You can dog walk in the nearby Valmasque forest from 0800 - 1200 each morning.  If you want to have a look at rhe refuge there is a Vide Grenier / open day this coming Sunday 9th June from 10.00. 

If you want to volunteer for walking, you need to bring insurance to show that you are covered in case of an accident and you could check the details with one of the staff if you are able to come on Sunday.  They can be a bit off hand with people, but are nice to the animals.

Hope this helps, Best wishes, Art

Sorry no image available
Posted by house for rent-318030 - 5 years ago

There is also a refuge in Carros 'Assistance aux Animaux'  04.93.08.11.79, Google it in and you will see. They are desperately looking for volonteers, there was an article about them in yesterday's Nice Matin. Glad you want to volonteer to help animals.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Suzanne C-192641 - 5 years ago

There is also the Refuge de la Conca in Tourette Levens

http://www.la-conca.fr/

Sorry no image available
Posted by BlueStar-902682 - 5 years ago

Thanks spacebetween!  I've sent Leslie an email.  If anyone else has any suggestions of places I'd be really keen!

Many thanks!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cristi_cxc - 5 years ago

Hi there

My name is Crina..i saw your post and i said why not to  try...i am from Romania..and here i have my own small shelter...i have saved many furry kids and i managed them to be adopted in Germany,Holland,England...i would love to help you and also my fiance...you can see my activity on my Facebook page    https://www.facebook.com/crina.georgescu.......i know i am far away but for animals i am always available.Thank you very much for what you do for animals and bless you <3

Sorry no image available
Posted by spacebetween-238176 - 5 years ago

Hey - please do get in touch with Leslie Frasier of the Chats du Mercantour - am sure there are lots of things you could do to assist!!!  Liz