DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lost/Missing cat

Posted by Sarah P-196261 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah P-196261 - 4 years ago

Thanks so much. I have notices up all over Val D'Azur, my old neighbours are looking out for him, the local vets have his picture.. His house mate went missing for a week too- talk about stress!!  due to the notices, a very kind neighbour helped us find her, but Widg is a different bag. Much more 'wild'.. I know he'll eat and fend for himself, but he's my little boys absolute confidante and he's really upset... naturally. His little pal isn't there for bedtime stories... 

I'll keep trying, any ideas are more than welcome at this point

thanks so much again for your encouragement

sarah 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cathouse-290059 - 4 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear Widget is still missing.  I guess you've contacted all the vets you can find between Opio and Val D'Azur.  We've picked up a number of animals over the years, inc. some 50 cats and had them checked for chips or tattoos. We've contacted all our local vets, sometimes with a happy ending.

The Pompiers, sometimes gendarmes or Mairies will let a vet know if they know of a missing animal, word gets around via the vets.  We're in Montauroux / Callian area so of little use I'm afraid.  I just hope someone kind has happily adopted him quite unaware that his main family are still looking for him.

That's happened with one beautiful setter here once, he investigated the supermarket carpark daily and was taken by a well-meaning family to live in Mons.  After months of posters, messages everywhere, the adopting family realised they'd 'stolen' the dog and finally returned him home. It does happen.

Bon courage.

Sorry no image available

Widget is still missing. My little boy is beside himself that his pal is not at home. if ANYONE has any info on him, it woud be amazing.  He is a dark tabby male, with beautiful tiger markings, a spotty blond/black tummy and a black dot on each of his sides. He is chipped and registered. He is VERY scared, especially of men, and not trusting at all.  

He was lost during a house move/storm on 23rd July in the Val D'Azur area, but could be heading back to Opio, the old house.  I have posters up in the area, but if anyone sees him please please call. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by FloraInAntibes - 4 years ago

if you need help, just shout.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Florian

will have to work out a translation... appreicate your help.. 

sarah 

Sorry no image available
Posted by FloraInAntibes - 4 years ago

You can try to post it here : https://www.facebook.com/Pet.Alert.Fr.06?ref=stream

Sorry no image available

Thanks Sisi

this is helpful.  Problem is he went missing while we are away on holiday.. So I'm trying to do this all from UK.. 

Sarah

Sorry no image available
Posted by sisi1 - 4 years ago

Have you called APOT? 0800 037 016, also check at all the vets you can and put up lots of posters. Wishing you luck.