DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Pony in very bad shape!

Posted by MelP-234320 - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by melandave - 7 years ago

went there today and got closer up; Would really like to hear if anyone of you who know the ponies and story have contacted the vet - for all we know its just the owners writing themselves on headed paper (though the reason for that eludes me). I will phone the vet myself, but would like to be forewarned if others have tried.

I am not an equestrian expert. !! The other pony looks normal, so its possibly not 'neglect', but if the thin one has a problem, then its clearly not getting the right treatment. There was hay there when we arrived, water (which obviously was getting hotter).The little I know (animals in general) is that it can't be fed just anything that normally ponies eat if it just goes through him and makes him weaker - and he is clearly weak - not just thin.

Sorry no image available

to the person who emailed me to offer to go with me, I've tried to email you but it keeps failing! can you send me an email again so that I can update you. Thanks v much.

Sorry no image available

I couldn't get to them when I visited. I'm happy to meet someone there and get over the fence - but as its trespassing, I didn't want to do it alone today with no 'look out'! There was the letter from the vet - but if he visited and didn't see that there was no water - then he's/she's not really doing his job........... has anyone called him/her. If the ponies are not fed and watered they need to be taken out of there rather than rely on the hope that someone kind passes by with food. As I say, am happy to meet someone there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 7 years ago

Does the vet know that the ponies aren't fed & watered other by independant caring passers by? because they may be "healthy" but not thanks to their owners

Sorry no image available

Is this pony one of the two that are to the right of the gate to the theatre? They are not at the path side, they are in a little bit of the field behind the locked gates. There are signs all along the fence saying "please do not feed or touch us" and a letter from the vet on the 17 July saying he'd checked them over, one is very thin but very old and that he is satisfied they are being fed properly.

Couldn't see any other pony so guessing its these ?? Sometimes people arrive in a small camper and stay on the plot.

Sorry no image available

if at all poss would like to hear from those who have recently visited. I've read what can't be done but trying to think what can be done - will go tomorrow.

Sorry no image available

that's why I asked if anyone has gone recently (presuming no one apart from angloinfo is going that is ..... though doesn't sound like it!). I'll go tomorrow am,but did want to know whether I should take container for water and whether someone has tried to talk to people who have allotments nearby (so I know to expect angry neighbours or not!).

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 7 years ago

ajna,- read coffee cups last posting where he/she gives precise details of where the pony is...........

Sorry no image available
Posted by ajna - 7 years ago

Hello MelP. Why posting such a thing if we can't get answers ? I was the first one to ask : where is the pony exactly located in V-Loubet ? Still no answer .... According to what I read, nothing has changed. There still could be things to do for him.

So, once again, please let me know where this pony is exactly.

Thanks for him

Sorry no image available

When did you last visit coffeecup? I'll go asap but a waste if we double up!! thanks.