DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Possibly abandoned dog in Contes

Posted by Milady06 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Milady06 - 6 years ago

Hello. Fudge is an adorable dog. He sort shelter with us after being badly treated and abandoned. He is a mix race but in the two short days he was with us it was obvious he was a very friendly and trainable dog. We couldn't keep him and happily Tania Burrows and the dog psychiatrist Victoria recognised what a find he is. So if you could search in angloinfo for Tania Burrows you'll find the web site where they find homes for unwanted pets. I hope you can give Fudge a loving home. Jane

Sorry no image available
Posted by karmen302 - 6 years ago

Hello,What kind of dog is it? im currently looking for one to adopt...
Regards,Laura

Sorry no image available
Posted by Milady06 - 6 years ago

Thank you all. Thankfully via Tania Burriws and the dog doctor Victoria our adoptive dog has been taken into care and I'm sure will make someone a wonderful friend. Hats off to both of them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cathouse-290059 - 6 years ago

I hope you might have traced the owners by now via the vet but if not, people talk of another good refuge for dogs in the Var, which is another option: called <contact@sanscollierprovence.org>

Best of luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by touchka-209658 - 6 years ago

There is also the refuge of the Société de Défense des Animaux at Tourettes Levens, they are a very good refuge as well. When in Tourettes Levans there is panel telling you where it is.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cathouse-290059 - 6 years ago

Please don't abandon him! Give him a good quality supermarket tinned food and take him straight to your nearest vet in case he's microchipped. Tattooing is far less often used nowadays. Ask the vet about appropriate food for him.Vets keep details of all missing animals in the area, they contact Police Municipale and other local vets for any reports of missing animals.
If the vets don't have any missing reports, take photos of him and put a notice up in all local vets or animal centres. If all else fails and you can't find his home and don't want to adopt him I'd recommend the SPA refuge in Flayosc, albeit some distance away, they are supposed to be a kindly refuge with a successful homing record, so I'm told. Best wishes with him.