DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Taking pets from UK to France

Posted by mary.nguyen.viet - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 5 years ago

I just looked up the number for BA animal reception at heathrow : 01753 682244 or call Airpets who I used to transport my cats over, they arranged everything from the cage to the vets checks and delivered them to the airport for me at heathrow for their flight. Their number is : 01753 685571, they are very helpful and can help advise you on your travel plans.

Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by alcopop-294508 - 5 years ago

Hallo Mary, I had the same problem bringing my little Shitzu to France from Northern Ireland.  British Airways flew him from Belfast to Heathrow and from there on it was by train and ferry.  Eurostar wouldnt take us as we too were foot passengers.  You need to have a cage as once you embark they take the dog off you for the entire journey and put the dog in a huge cage down befow where the cars are kept.  Its very cold and you need to have a good thich warm coat on the dog.

It was a dreadful journey both for me and the dog.  However, we made it but I wouldnt want to do it again.  I wish you all the best and Good Luck.

ps also make sure that his passport is up to date.

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 5 years ago

Can't you fly your pets on BA from heathrow to Nice. I did this years ago when BMI operated this route  and it was stress free for the animals. I know BA carry live cargo, give them a call.