DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Uk to France flights

Posted by Mr&Mrs-259360 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cathouse-290059 - 5 years ago

We flew our cats back to London on Air France, via Paris, back in 1998.  We did this because Air France allowed the cats to fly with us in the cabin, in small carriers each.  

On changing aircraft at Paris, Airport security insisted on putting the cats through the hand luggage X-ray machine...no way.  This was pre-9/11.  We had to take the cats out , one at a time, and carry them through the metal detector machine, worked fine for our tabby while our white boy went mad when the loudspeaker burst into life and bit me hard in terror, catching a vein, I nearly dropped him but thankfully my husband caught him and got him into his now X-rayed box.  We'd have lost him forever in the vast expanse of Charles de Gaule otherwise.  Nightmare journey, I bled all over the conveyor belt and was given kitchen towels to clean it all up myself.  If Air France no longer take animals from London I can see why.....  

Why airport security can't manage a hand check of an animal box, in a secure room, as they do at Heathrow, I don't know. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by kelh76 - 5 years ago

Just a note to say Eurostar doesn't accept pets, but Eurotunnel does and it's a great, stress-free way to cross the channel with dogs as the other poster states.

Sorry no image available
Posted by DPK-324286 - 5 years ago

I travel with my dog on the Euro Star.

Very easy, good price, and as you remain in the car with the dog, the animal remains calm and un stressed

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 5 years ago

Just looked and BA defintely take animals.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gunta-311402 - 5 years ago

My friend had a huge trouble recently by trying to transport her cat to France from UK - none of airline companies are accepting pets from UK. She contacted all companies and got a refusal - she booked tickets through Amsterdam and even then cat was banned to get on aircraft.

Don't lose your time and money by searching airline company but use on of the above mentioned services.

Sorry no image available
Posted by karmen302 - 5 years ago

As far as i know air france banned pets from uk and ireland. I have checked other airlines but they dont seem to carry pets from uk either. The ferry would be the option. the cost is 50-70 euro.

Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 5 years ago

Contact Airpets at heathrow airport. I used them over seven yrs ago and they were brilliant

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mr&Mrs-259360 - 5 years ago

Thanks for the information - I will follow this up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by zuludawn-316237 - 5 years ago

Hi

Not sure about flying from UK to France.   As far as I remember it has to be BA flying from France to UK and the cost if prohibitive. I have driven mine  to and from and also have used the company below, and was impressed.  Have a look at their site.

D

Julia Baber
Direct Line 0044 (0) 7736 251800

Animalcouriers Limited,
DEFRA Registered Type 2 Hauliers
IPATA Members - International Pet Animal Transport Association
Licensed Quarantine Hauliers

Office tel. no. 00 44 (0)1483 200 123
Office fax no. 00 44 (0) 1483 200 134
Mobile 00 44 (0) 7736 251800

Read our travel blog : http://animalcouriers.wordpress.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/animalcouriers