DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Advice for choosing a ski resort

Posted by Alia.Delahoy - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by madjen - 4 years ago

3 hours for Nice to Zermatt ? In a helicopter maybe. It us 5.5 hours . I've  made the trip 3 seasons and counting . Someone wrote about Les Gets - forget it . Expensive poor service poor quality   Low elevatin 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crossfamily-289915 - 4 years ago

Yes Limone for me also. We where just there the other week and it was really busy with tourist and really pretty. Also agree food was drink etc is cheap and good quality.

Sorry no image available
Posted by canadian09 - 4 years ago

3 hrs can get you to some of the big ones like Verbier, Zermatt, Chamonix. 4 hrs can get you to Courchevel, Megeve, Val d'Isere, etc. 

Hans, in Biot

Sorry no image available
Posted by madjen - 4 years ago

Hands down it is Limone. Price, food, cleanliness /quality of accommodation is superior . If you are going for a week, why not think about Val Gardena , Ortisei.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alia.Delahoy - 4 years ago

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Alia

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 4 years ago

Montgenevre, 4 hours, on the Italian border (go via Italy, roads are better).

Steve

Sorry no image available
Posted by Campbell123 - 4 years ago

Hi

For your requirements I would recommend Limone across the border in Italy. The local French resorts just don't do pretty and character (for me at any rate!)

Just spent a weekend up there and for a ski resort it's even pretty in summer. A real rarity!

Hope that helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by perdrix-228478 - 4 years ago

I love Les Gets in the Portes du Soleil - although it isn't that high, so may depend on how good the snow is in the coming season.

But a lovely family resort, very pretty and unspoiled, with reasonable night life - not wild, but enough, especially with a 5 year old in tow!

There's good skiing locally, and it links in with more challenging stuff for those who want that - The Wall for the brave!