DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any hurlers interested in a few pucks??

Posted by dublinmike-182617 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Anyone interested in setting a bit of hurling?? Is there anyone here who can play who has the desire to get a bit of fresh air and bleeding knuckles once more??

I'm thinking along the lines of hurling for drinkers and smokers and those who are generally unable to run very far, but would enjoy a bit of craic and a few pints afterwards. In joyful ontravention of GAA rules this should be a mixed affair with all Camogie players especially welcome.

Personally although I have county level behind me in Clare, it was over 20 years ago and now I couldn't run 50 yards, so don't let your current fitness or skill level put you off.

At the moment we have a goalie and a forward (average age about high-thirties), of course there's no chance we'll ever put a full team together, and if we did we probably couldn't find another to play. But we'll aim for enough to play in-and-out.

I can get hold of the gear and a ground near Nice (goalposts could be a problem!!) if anyone's interested, drop me a mail and we'll see what happens.

mike

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Si-180835 - 14 years ago

Not Hurling I know, but I'm currently arranging to bring over a Gaelic Football team from Dublin to play a Friendly game against whoever wants to play on Saturday June 5th in or around Cannes.There will be something laid on for both teams afterwards so if you fancy a game and a good day out get in touch with me ASAP.Skill levels or experience not important :-)SiSi@theforumfrance.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyandcarol - 14 years ago

Surely there are more out there that are up for a few drinks ,bring the hurls and you can pretend to play.......

When Irish eyes are smiling...
Carol & Anthony.

Sorry no image available

Happy days,

Nice one ,the more the merrier...Emmm sounds good.

Tayto and drinks sounds like heaven..

CAROL.

Carol & Anthony.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Happy Days-188415 - 14 years ago

So Si, any chance another Irish cailìn could come along for a drink. Would love to meet up, its been ages!!!

Happy Days xxxx

Sorry no image available

Yep no prob.Look forward to meeting u,see u then...

Carol & Anthony.

Sorry no image available

7 ish sound ok ?

Sorry no image available

Sounds pretty good to us..Yipeeeeee.What time??

Carol & Anthony.

Sorry no image available

or smithwicks or course...

Sorry no image available

How about Sunday evening ? It's happy hour all day and we can wind down after a hard weekends christmas shopping with a guinness and a taytos ?

Sorry no image available

Any time at all.Just pick a time and day and we'll be there...Ah SMITHWICKS......

Anyone else care to join ??

Carol & Anthony.