DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone for 4-way formation skydiving?

Posted by thierry338 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by thierry338 - 14 years ago

Hi Stgeorge :

Pease do inquire, but note that I am looking for people with whom to do 4-way formation skydiving or "4 way relative work". There are several other disciplines, for example free fly, sky surf or accuracy.

Hi Msenic,

I have jumped at several drop zones (DZ) in the area. The most professional, by far, is Gap Tallard (2 hours from Cannes) where the 2003 world championships were hosted last Sept. They operate several Pilatus porters and a Twin Otter (aircraft made in Canada). There is also a full time DZ near Avignon at Pujaut, and a small week end operation at Le Luc.

I recommend Gap. It may not be the best for social atmosphere -- much of it's activity is team training -- but it is well managed.  For instruction I recommend "veloce" http://www.veloce-skydive.com/. The instructors are all former or current French National team competitors. One of them speaks decent English. If language is a consideration, there is also an Englishman who teaches at Gap, Kevin Hardwick (check spelling).

Blue Skies,

Thierry

Sorry no image available
Posted by msenic - 14 years ago

Hi Thierry,

I was half way through my certification course when I left Canada, several years ago.  I've been wanting to get back into it ever since I moved down here.  I was wondering if you could reccommend a really good club in the region where I could take my certification.  I'm looking for good ambiance and people I can trust.

Mickey

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

The bird on the boat next door regales me with her experiences and is well into it - I'll enquire if you want ! Tight lycra plunging through the stratosphere and opening the chute about 200 metres above the fall point isn't my cup of tea - but might be yours !!stgeorge