DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone for rock climbing ?

Posted by J-F - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I'm looking for new rock climbing partners (male or female) preferably with equipement. I've got a 70m roap, all equipement and an extra harness.

I'm local and know quite well most climbing sites in the area.

I used to climb quite often but I'm down again to a low level (5+, 6a). I don't want to be a pro but having good fun climbing again regularly (mostly weekends).

Mobile : 0615335421

A bientôt

Jean-François

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by J-F - 14 years ago

To all rusty climbers !

Let's all have a drink one evening to chat about climbing and meet eachother. It's time to move our rusty body !!!

Life's too short !!!...

Please give me a call : 0615335421

A bientôt...

Jean-François

Sorry no image available
Posted by Storm-189727 - 14 years ago

Hi Guys,

Yep... I'm keen! I was doing a fair bit a year or so ago around Gorbio and Tete du Chein and was doing 6 b's & c's but after a spell of little activity mid to high 5's would be a nice start on real rock with the intention of having some fun but trying to really push back in to the high 6's again and then tackle something a little tougher. I have a rope and a fair amount of shiney bits of metal to clip on... just need someone to climb with!

Have you organised anything I can join in with or are you interested in doing something?

Cheers,

Warren

Sorry no image available

Hi Guys,

Yep... I'm keen! I was doing a fair bit a year or so ago around Gorbio and Tete du Chein and was doing 6 b's & c's but after a spell of little activity mid to high 5's would be a nice start on real rock with the intention of having some fun but trying to really push back in to the high 6's again and then tackle something a little tougher. I have a rope and a fair amount of shiney bits of metal to clip on... just need someone to climb with!

Have you organised anything I can join in with or are you interested in doing something?

Cheers,

Warren

Sorry no image available

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Warren

Sorry no image available
Posted by J-F - 14 years ago

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I mean real cliff rock climbing outdoors where the first climber starts puting the roap up and the second insures from down the cliff. Then, once the first climber reaches the top the second makes him go down and climbs himslef insured. I don't know if my English is clear enough.

Graduation in France goes from 4 to 8c.

If you want to call me we can chat : 0615335421

Bye

Jean-François

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 14 years ago

Hey JF,

What type of climbing are you thinking of... trad, sport, via ferrata, top-roping? I think 5+/6a translates to 5.9/5.10 which I wouldn't consider a low level for outdoors...but I guess its all relative to what you're used to. I climbed a fair bit indoors up to 5.10 but outdoors I've done mostly bouldering and a few top-rope routes. Anyway based on my experience, I need someone to follow, but this might not be what you need in a partner?

ciao Thomas (don_twatt@yahoo.com)