DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Are you useless at sports?

Posted by dumbo-186130 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I am useless at sports and would like to meet other useless sportsmen/women in the Nice area whose lack of sporting ability puts them off from participating.

Would any other hopeless sports people be interested in doing sports  together, such as cycling gently somewhere on the flat, going to the gym without working up too much of a sweat, golf driving range, going swimming without getting the hair wet etc?   It would be great for motivation to meet other people to do the sports together.

Dumbo

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Palmtrees-188751 - 14 years ago

I've got a bike that's probably good for the Prom. des Anglais.   If you feel like doing that with a group, it could be fun.   I'd be interested to hear about any others who'd like to do that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dumbo-186130 - 14 years ago

MikeP - you sound pretty sporty using your exercise bike 2 or 3 times a week!  I know the HHH and the walks are quite long and I think they drink too much!

Do you like golf?  Apparently there is a good driving range at Villeneuve Loubet.  Would it tire you out too much to get there?

I have also found out you can hire a bike on the Prom. des Anglais for 5 euros an hour - there are no hills but quite a few bars to stop at when you feel the strain.

Dumbo

Sorry no image available
Posted by Si-180835 - 14 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

I am also useless at sports and totally disinterested in any form of team sport.  Despite having lived most of my life in a sports mad country,  I barely know the difference between a rugby bat and a cricket goal.  As for watching sport on TV,  I'd rather watch traffic lights changing or even grass growing.

However I believe in the need to maintain a reasonable level of fitness and to that end I bought an exercise machine last year which is occupying space in my garage.  I use it three or four times a week. 

So if this gets going and there is anyone in the Valbonne area,  I'd be interested. 

By the way there is (or should that be there are?) the Hash House Harriers,  which describe themselves as a drinking club that runs, a very worthy bunch of people,  but definitely not my scene.